Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starting problems.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TB2Blazer, Feb 15, 2005.

1. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I know this isn't a jeep forum but I figured that since everyone on hear has been so incredible with helping me solve my blazer problems maybe they would do the same for my jeep. I have a 88 wagoneer limited that will not start unless you spray starting fluid in the intake. Once its started it runs perfect and idles fine. I have checked the rotor and cap replaced the button in it, replaced the coil, replaced the plugs, checked fuel pressure its fine it just won't start on its own. I just pulled the brand new plugs and they look like someone shoved them in a bucket of coal, they are black as night and full of soot. The guy who had it before me left it for quite some time without running it and added just 2 gallons of new gas when I picked it up last week. It turns over like nothing is wrong it just won't fire. After about thirty seconds of it running it starts pouring out white smoke from the exhaust, whick I belive is just the starting fluid buring off but maybe not. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.