Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

starting problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyblzr1977, Aug 4, 2001.

1. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

i have a 77 blazer with a brand new 350 crate motor and it has brand new alternator and starter.Ok here is my question usually when it is cold i will go to start it and sometime it wont do anything at all no turning no nothing then i turn it again it will click i mean it will eventually start but it takes a little playing with.Usually if you let it set for more then 20 minutes it does it its weird can anyone help.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me like you've got one of two problems - either crummy battery cables, or a crummy starter/solenoid. I'd put more money on the cables and/or a poor ground plane.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Make sure your battery cables are good along with the connecters... check to see you don't have like 20 feet of cable/wire too between everything too. Too long a cable/wire and not enough juice to power it through will kill any current and then kill you starting up your truck or make it a project... check your battery if it's good. It also might be the starter/solenoid. Even a new starter can be bad because they come from the shop defective... also make sure your alternator is good and can handle all the toys you have hooked up to your beast... I had so many dead battery's it drove me crazy... I had a grounding wire that drained the battery... so hey could be one simply thing or a combination of a few things... good luck.

C'mon captain break pedal... quit looking for the parade and drive!! [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; MARK 1:17 &gt;&lt;&gt;