Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starting the Blazer Build------Need Help

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by donimator, Mar 31, 2005.

1. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Well, I am taking the dive and building a blazer. I got a 74 a few weeks ago for $100. I need some help taking all the chit from my truck and puting it into the Blazer. I need to pull the motor, tranny, t-case, axles, etc into the blazer. Planning on starting this weekend. If anyone wants to come by even just to watch me get greasy, let me know. I would appreciate any help. :D
    Pizza and Beer on me for anyday over the next few weekends.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if i still lived in UP i would be more than happy to help....

and i envy you as i cant work on my 74 for a while....
    do have fun.
    Grant

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Ah ha, so there IS someone else in Tacoma. Where exactly are you at? I don't know how my weekends gonna pan out yet, but I wouldn't mind helping you out a bit (schedule permiting). You wouldn't happen to have a welder would you?

4. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

What made you go with a blazer?? Tired of the rest of us walking all over you!! :p: :D Just kiddin man, if i were closer id be over there all the time.

5. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

I live in Spanaway/Fredrickson Area. 192nd and 31st ave. I went with the Blazer for more seating and a new body. Mine needed more work than it is worth. I would rather put the work into the convertible top anyway.

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Hmm, way out on the wrong side of the base. I wish that gate was open more, sucks going all the way around the base knowing how close it really is.

7. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

It is not that far from 512 and steele st. Preatty much just go to the end of Spanaway loop rd. I know what you mean about the base gate. I don't go on the base anymore, but when I did, the gate would be closed at the worst times.
    As for the truck, Last night I pulled the front clip off and was able to get the motor out too. Only took me 4 hrs. Tonight, I plan on getting the trans/t-case out and then getting the axles preatty much unblolted so I can just pull the bolts and slide the axles out over the weekend. Moving the heavy ass axles is the main part I need help with. Saturday is looking like good weather, so I hope to get the axles in the Blazer on Saturday and put the blazer axles back into the truck so I can move it around. Then the blazer can go in the garage.