Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Startup?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wallyb, Feb 26, 2001.

1. Wallyb

Wallyb Registered Member

I thought with fuel injected motors the motor should fire right up, right away. Or does it take a few seconds?? My blazer cranks for a few seconds before firing. I just put in new plugs and fuel filter also! Just wondering on how yours trucks are starting??

2. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

My 87 TBI Jimmy takes a couple turns when cold, I always turn the key to run, let the fuel pump pump until it stops, crank and it will fire after a couple seconds. But when it is hot, I let the fuel pump pump like I did before but it fires right off, dosen't even turn over once. Hope this helps.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

The TBI's really don't fire up too quick in terms of being FI'ed. It is only about 13psi fuel pressure so not a ton more then a carb. If it takes more then about 3 seconds to crank over when cold you could have a leaky injector or fp regulator... it would usually be combined w/ a small blk puff of smoke, but it would fire right up after that till you let it sit for a while.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

im not sure if this is good or bad, but in my carburated 85 i tap the gas a TINY bit nad it works awesome

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Thats exactly what you're supposed to do. Actually the manual say's 2/3 of the way down but if we went by the maunual we'd still be running 235s, I dont think so, lol. Its kinda funny but my '82 with the carb starts faster than my dads '89 Jimmy with FI. I usually hit my pedal two full pumps and I'm good to go. Of course when both are trucks are warm his can run circles around mine, what till i get my 3.73 12-bolt [​IMG]

Two lanes wide, twelve yards long, sixty-five tons of American pride....Canyanero!

6. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

Actually it wont start till it registers enough oil pressure the electronic carbs also do this.

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s