Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

State A$$holes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Mountain lions will soon be classified big game animals, allowing state officials to set a hunting season for the big cats.

[/ QUOTE ] There has been no attacks on people or livestock that I've heard of. There's been acouple of sightings, now they want too kill these beautiful cats. Kinda pisses me off. They just came off the endangeres spieces list for the Black Hills. It's all about the money for the hunting liesons. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

They're considered a varmint here in Az. You can shoot them anytime with an over the counter permit. I don't think I'd ever shoot one for sport tho, they're too damned cool

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm always up for killing a kitten /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm always up for killing a kitten /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I still get kittys confused with Beaver

6. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Out in the "Wild West" Washington to be exact, the cat's have stalked kid's, taken livestock, pet's, and other's. The State is finally giving the go ahead to use Dog's to tree em, and Pop em. Bout time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Out in the "Wild West" Washington to be exact, the cat's have stalked kid's, taken livestock, pet's, and other's. The State is finally giving the go ahead to use Dog's to tree em, and Pop em. Bout time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I fully agree if the cats are stalking people and livestock. It's not the case here. They are aloweing hunting of them so they can make money. The cats just came off a endangered speocies list of wild life dissapearing from the Black Hills.

8. chosen(1)

chosen(1) 1/2 ton status

If they just came off the list, they are obviously not disappearing. If the population is growing, you have to be careful in controlling the growth. Uncontrolled growth of a predator animal population could be devistating to all other local wildlife.
    Beside that, most states make very little money from hunting licenses. That is not why they issue them, they are issued to control who is hunting. The fee just keeps the system going.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I dissagree. Here you'd have too get a big game hunting licenses that is different then one for Deer or Elk, they were talking about it on the news about how it'd cost so much more, and that they'd try too bring in out of state big game hunter. It's not a over poppulation issue. It's becouse a few people with more money then commen sence have sighted a mountin lion or 2 and have gotten all freaked out about it. Let see, they bought/built a house out in the forest, but didn't expect too see a wild animal other then Deer, DUH !!! I could see if these cats were attacking livestock, or people. I'm against hunting them for sport.

10. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm against sport hunting these cats but that being said We used to kill every one we say (which isn't very often They most likely see you first ) there dangerous and do attack livestock/pets We've had lots of trouble with these cats taking are live stock you may not realize it but the loss of one cow can make or brake a small ranch/dairy Sheep herders seem to be the hardest hit in these situations Mountain lions ,wolves ,coyotes,and bears were a fact of life growing up in Northeast Minnesota and every year we had at least one or two incendents with "Nuisance" animals Have You everhad a bear come into your house while you were home and start tearing up your kitchen and pantry ???? ever had A mountain lion kill your horse and 2 of your dogs ???? we don't hunt for these animals in general we try to get the animal responsible by tracking and satying up a many late night watching the heard and sitting on the roof of the barn in the cold waiting for these animals to come in seems like peole that don't LIVE in rural ares are the ones that get all riled up about hunting and traping and logging and other MANAGED use of are forests This hunting season on this big cats aren't gonna wipe them out it takes a very good tracker/hunter just to find these cats I wouldn't worry about it to much dude these cats are smart and ain't going with out a fight

11. chosen(1)

chosen(1) 1/2 ton status

I'm against sport hunting in general. I don't think you should kill anything you aren't going to eat, or isn't trying to kill you.
    Now matter how much you want it to be, the permit system is not there to make money. It may not be an overpopulation issue yet. Is it not better to prevent overpopulation, rather than deal with it after it happens?
    I agree that people are stupid when they move into the country, then complain about wildlife. But that doesn't change the fact that you need to control the population.
    I can't understand why you are getting upset about this. No one is going to allow them to be hunted into extinction. If so we wouldn't have white-tail, mulies, elk, bear, etc...

P.S. Dude, seriously, spell check or dictionary.com or something. That post was really hard to read

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm not upset about it. No point in getting upset over things you can't controle. I'm just ranting to be ranting.