Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

State Farm Insurance

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tomseviltwin, Oct 25, 2006.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

My insurance company is screwing me. That is all.. My mostly new Grand Marquis (Crown Vic with nicer seats) got rearended and the insurance is only paying for the cosmetic stuff. They won't even put it on a rack to see it there is frame damage, so I'm getting stuck with about $400 of repair when the liability is entirely the other parties fault. Both parties have State Farm so I have nowhere to turn.

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

State Farm can go fock themsleves sideways with rusty axletube.

John

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There is a government office you can contact if you believe your insurence company is screwing you. I don't remember the name of the office, hope someone else on here will know. Not sure if it'd do any good or not, just thought I'd mention it though.

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

The insurance comissioner, maybe?

So you are positive that the vehicle had $400 in additional damages that they refuse to pay for?

I have some psycho beotch trying to get me to pay for new front brakes from an acciden that happened 1 1/2 years ago. Her rotors are warped now and she says it is my drivers fault...Ummmm no.

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

State Farm screwed me a couple years ago... Perfect record for 20 yrs, no claims...

Then...

I took out an F250... :doah:

Ford damage = $8000

K5 damage = $96 fender, no claim...

Insurance increase annually for next 3 yrs = From $600 to $2000.... :eek1: :mad:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've been with Farm Bureau off and on for many years. (Didn't carry auto insurance when my DL was suspended.) I guess I went with them because that's who my parents used. Always treated me fair. Never had a major claim, so I have no idea if they'd jack my rates or not if I had too file a big claim.

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well, looking at what they did to me, I'd assume so.. I figured they'd jack it $500 a year tops... Not friggin over triple what I was paying...

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, that's outragous. I would be looking for another insurance company with a quickness. First claim after 20 years of giving the $$$ and they jack your rates that bad.

9. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i have state farm, and all companies can screw you, but why do i stay you ask?

god help us if something serious happen, state farm is a company that actually helps you out alot. or any other big known company that has a little steeper rates.

to me its worth it.

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

My parents have had State Farm all their lives and so I went with them from 16 on. They have treated me very well over the years, never screwed me over, provided three times the coverage Progressive (gag) offered and have really done me right on a couple of good accidents.

11. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Ok, my agent stepped up to bat for me, and my bill is down to $65 because I demanded a four wheel alignment.:o The claim adjuster people still suck.