Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

State lift laws addy FYI

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by StoneyK5, Mar 6, 2002.

1. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

whoohoo, Wyoming is cool, no limit /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Vermont is correct- at least accoring to officer law here locally!... however in Vermont, as long as you have a current inspection sticker- and your tires dont stick out too far, the cops wont pull you over, unless of course you are driving like an A** then they will- and the ticket is VERY big, and they impound your vehicle- then you have to have it towed to a facility to have them remove your lift components until you are below acceptable height....

Brandy

4. 89k5blazr

89k5blazr Registered Member

New Jersey looks correct...at least so i've been told my 4x4 friends who have barely passed.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

MASSACHUSETTS

Get your calculator: The maximum allowable mechanical lift (as well as what's acceptable in terms of bigger rubber) can be determined by this formula:

Maximum Lift = Wheelbase x Wheel Track divided by 2200

For example, if you did the formula and came up with 2 inches, then a 2 inch lift and a 2 inch increase in tire size is allowable, equaling a total lift of 4 inches over stock. More info.

From what this state the lift is actually only 3" unless you put on a tire that was 4" over stock (2" lift), or am I missing something.

6. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

wow thanks a lot! ive been searching for Ohio's laws on this subject for a long time. So it looks like 27-29 inches in bumper height for me. i think I might be illegal