Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

STC and Christmas-both take forever

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by destinbeachman, Sep 28, 2005.

1. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

Geez-just got off the phone with STC. :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: D***,I'm annoyed with them!I called up about 2 weeks ago to check on my order and they told me they were waiting on fabric-so I changed the style of fabric(from the "pebbly",old style black to the denim black) which they had in stock and they told me it would ship last week.I wish they would have given me a call to let me know my order would be a couple weeks late,y'know.Called them up today and the guy told me they were waiting on aluminum and it wouldn't be in till the 10th of Oct.S.O.A.B!Why the @#*% can't they give their customers a heads up when their production runs behind!Heck,I know I'm just ranting,blah blah.It's not waiting on the top for two months when they say it'll take 3-4 weeks,I'm just peeved at wondering what the guy will say when I call him in a few weeks to check.Oh,well,we didn't get our snaps in-it'll be about 2 more weeks.I can't wait for that. :mad:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  2. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Sounds like they are building them as the order comes in :doah:

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain. A few years ago I had a motor built. I told the guy I had to have it back in 6 months. He told me it would be done in 2. After 3 months passed I called him. He said a week or so. Six months later I had my motor. It was to the point that i would call on Monday and he would say Friday. I would call Friday and he would say Monday. It took over 10 months to get it done, he tried to raist the price 500.00 and he did not put in the new oil pump and the windage tray that I paid for. I know the bull$hit. I tell people that do work for me to tell me the farthest time that it could take to finish. If you tell me a year and finish in 9 months I will be happy; If you tell me 3 months and it takes 9 months I'm gonna be pissed!@!
    I don't understand people that think blowing customers off won't affect them. They have your money and they think they can do what they want.

Get your money back asap and cancel the order. And tell them you told everyone you know about their lack of service.

4. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

getting my money back

I'd love to get my money back but that's not gonna happen.I don't have a hard top and my old as the hills Kayline has had it.The rear zips are both torn and the stitching is coming apart all over it.Not much I can do about it now but bitch and maybe enlighten some other guys as to what to expect if they order from them. :doah: