Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

STC FastTrack on my 72>>pics>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I snaped some photos last night so the pics aren't as good as they would be outside in daylight and my garage is a mess so don't look at that part hahaha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Top corner drivers side, snaps & "J" channel that the seam tucks into
    [​IMG]
    Top of window frame..you can see the alum J rail...I say J cuz it's not a C...
    [​IMG]
    Kinda fuzzy...driverside bed rail..the top has plastic hook strips that hook this rail.
    [​IMG]
    the bows..I don't have all 3 installed as my roll cage is in the way of the front one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The tinted windows that zip out.
    [​IMG]
    I would like it to fit tighter than it does. I still have rear adjustments to make so I think I can solve that. My old snap top I used rear straps & footloops attached to the inside of the tailgate to keep it nice and snug.
    :D

2. ecameron87

ecameron87 1/2 ton status

What goes around the front door windows? Is it not installed in these pictures?

3. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Thanks for posting all the pics. So, would you recommend this top?

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I don't realy plan on using the frameing that goes around the windows..I didn't use then on my old top too. The less hardware the better...:D

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hard to say YJ...I kinda liked my old snap top better as I was able to install it nice and tight were this one the 'rails' have to go in the spot they call for or the other side won't line up..regardless if the top is loose or whatever...

I do like the 'denim' materail better and I like the zip out windows as apposed to roll up and the dark tint option too.
    Oh and the back window goes almost straight up | instead of / like the old snap top.

I think once I get it nice and snug then I will be happier...but hey! I got the damn thing for free so I ain't complainin one bit! hahahaa;)

Ask me again in a few months...

6. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Top Pics

Thanks for the pics Burt, that should help in designing my bikini top. I installed a soft top on one of my sports cars and it was lose also, I fixed it by putting it in the hot sun and used a hair dryer on the really lose spots. It got all the sag out, so the matrl. does shrink if you give it a chance. Later J.

7. BIGEARL

BIGEARL Registered Member

A fellow K5 member sent me this pic so I could see how his 37" MTR's looked. I asked him about his STC top and he did say that it took him quite a while to make it fit snug and tight. As you can see he did a nice job firmin' that thing up... so I would guess it is possible to get that nice fit.

Nate

100_0102[1].JPG

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the comments on getting it snugger.
    That top looks good too.
    Maybe I will mess with getting the window frames in to. When summer hits I useualy have no top...
    This summer the valley heat will cook it for me hahhaaa
    later

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

One other thing YJ, the bed rails use the harde top bolt holes so no need to dril the bed rails...unlike the snap top you need holes in the bed rails..

10. gaspass

gaspass 1/2 ton status

Man we should get ahold of that guy and ask him to send in his tips on how to get it fitting so tight. We all like it tight don't we?

11. BIGEARL

BIGEARL Registered Member

His handle on CK5 is "destinbeachman".... He's a real nice guy,I'm sure he would be more tham willing to create a post that details how he managed to install his top so snug. I'll email him right now and let him know that there are multiple members in need of the info.

Nate

12. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

Was just flipping through here and read this thread about the tops.Mine didn't fit all that well when I first installed it.I had to try several positions for the rear bow mounts in order to put the right amount of tension on it and I messed with the window hardware for a while in order to get the windows to seal against the material half decently.I'm not sure why they call it a Fastrac cause there surely isn't anything fast about it.I could put my old Kayline top up in about 3 minutes and that's including the window frames,while the new one takes about 15 minutes to get up,mostly because it's such a b!tch to get the fabric into the window frames.Anyway,it sure looks modern and cool and all that and I love to be able to run the "safari" if I want to.I still haven't been able to get my windows to completely cover the small triangle left that's created by the round upper trailing edge of the glass and the square profile of the fabric but it's really close.If anyone wants some pics just let me know and I'll send some to someone to host,along with an explanation of whatever I did to get it looking that way.-Allen

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya I agree...my old snap top was easier to get up and down...maybe as time goes by I will get better at it...
    Most of the time mine will be off or in Safari mode:D

14. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    hey Burt nice tire carrier :D

15. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool thanks
    I made it:D

16. 67lemanster

67lemanster Registered Member

burt the window frames dont help much at all. actually they flap where the 2 pieces overlap about 2/3 of the way back in the frame. drives me crazy at highway speeds. i just got mine on and dont particularly want to hijack your thread. but i am gonna call them to see if they will send some snaps or something. looks good. mine also fits crooked in the back a little where you use the last bows for putting tension in the lock position top up. nice truck btw.

17. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

Yup,kinda funky there.I tuck that little part up into the channel before I pull the top piece down so it's underneath.Doesn't flap at all.When I first got it I couldn't figure out what they were thinking-it's like they forgot to sew up the end of it,but it works out well if you put it underneath the other one.I could send a pic.-Allen

18. 67lemanster

67lemanster Registered Member

i tuck the short on in the back under the longer going from front to back but still have the problem. a pic would be mucho appreciated

19. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I would be happy to host them for you, I'll pm you.

20. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

No worries
    I never used the window frameing on my Kayline top also....That top I kept tight by using sinch straps to my tailgate...can't do that with the fastrack as it lossens the rear track connections...I am gonna extend the rear bow all the way up to get it tighter...I don't plan on ever using the window framing..
    Post up the picks if you gettum YJ