Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

STC Soft Top

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tayven, Sep 20, 2004.

1. tayven

tayven 1/2 ton status

Any one know of anyone that has tried to fit a 73-75 Fast trac soft top to a 76 that has had the hard top previously removed? I cut the top and put in a 6 pt cage, but I just dont know what all goes into that. ANyone with anyopinion will be helpful. Thanks!!

2. 4wheelin4Jesus

4wheelin4Jesus 1/2 ton status

question on fast trac tops

Whats up tayven? Ive got a quick question for you, if you dont mind. I did a search on fast track tops, and your thread came up. I have a 78 that I am converting to full topless. I got ahold of a 73 windshield frame that i will be welding on here in a month. I was interested in the fast trac tops. My question revolves around this dilema. I have the full doors that still have the frame all the way around them. I noticed that the fastrac comes with a window frame that the windows go into. Is this window frame permanent? Might be a stupid question, but Im not sure if i like the look of the window frame when the top is off. Could i still use the fast trac top if i didnt cut the window frames out of my doors? Thanks for your help.
    Mike

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    if you save these pics, and zoom in on them using a picture viewer you can see how the window fits against the top

4. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status