Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steal of a deal!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by baldbandit, Nov 10, 2000.

1. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

I just found an NP208 in good shape for $40 in a local paper! Yes, $40 big ones! I have a friend going to pick it up for me saturday, seeing how I have to work. The guy said he had 35" tires and kept tearing up turbo 350's. He must had been wheeling that thing really hard, or someone wasn't building his trannys right. A turbo 350 should hold up to a small block and 35's with ease. Anyone here had this problem? I'm planning on running a 350, 350turbo,np208, and 35's or 36's but I don't feel like I'll have any problems. I have a fellow that does one heck of a good job rebuilding my trannys and I plan on adding an RV torque convertor and a shift kit.

thanks
    baldbandit

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Both my brother and I had TH350 behind big blocks without any problems. Just service the tranny if you go wheeling in alot of water. I have had alot of strawberry shake dripping out of my tranny after water crossings. But a properly rebuilt 350 can handle alot of horsepower.

Communication Breakdown
    74 Blazer
    Zeppelin