Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stearring box?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hd-10, Mar 10, 2004.

1. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

i am pertty shure that my stearring box has gone out, so i figure it's time to upgrade. what is the best way to go for a good after market stearing? any help[ would be good thanks a lot.

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

What is this stearring box you're pertty shure about? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Just kidding /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, I think WTO rebuilds boxes, or you could try your luck with a junkyard. A stock one should last another hundred thousand or so unless you're beating it pretty heavily.

3. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

hey so i'm not the best speller in the world but as long as you know what i was talking about /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but today i went out and looked under the hood and found out that the belt had slipped off and that was why i had no STEERING but thanks for the advice and a good sense of humor. P.S. is there a spell check in here. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Nope, I've been asking for one for years.

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Yeah, a missing belt will sure do the trick /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Glad to see it was a quick fix. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Yeah, a missing belt will sure do the trick /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Glad to see it was a quick fix. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

REPOST!

Sorry, couldn't resist... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif