Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steel bracket on slidier window to mount locking mechanism for 89K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PROFESSORSK5, Oct 16, 2002.

1. PROFESSORSK5

PROFESSORSK5 Registered Member

I am looking for the little u shaped bracket that glues to the slider on the drivers side. The only thing I have been able to find is the complete window with the piece glued on for $150. The dealer has only the latch not the bracket. So if anyone has any ideas or a solution to this problem please let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I'd start checking junkyards. I'll dig through all my junk tomorrow and see if I have one. I always save little crap like that when I get broken ones in cause you normally can't buy that stuff new.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you still have the passenger side bracket why not just make another one like it for the driver side? I think it is only a piece of sheet metal and nothing too hard to make.

4. PROFESSORSK5

Since I haven't heard back from you I am figuring that you don't have that clip in you spare parts. So I am going to contact a friend who has sharp drills and a complete tap set and try to fabricate one. Thanks anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. PROFESSORSK5

I am going to take your suggestion and try to fabricate one using the passenge side as a guide. Thank you for the help /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Thats the only alternative that I'm aware of. I have been told by chevy and a glass shop that that is sold as one peice (gass and rail ) I need a few made too! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif