Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steel Ladder Rack for 84 full-size blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Black96Z28, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Black96Z28

Black96Z28 Registered Member

Any one have one?? know where to get one or if a standard rack will bolt to the topper.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've got a rack that was made for carrying an aluminum boat that I use for hauling lumber/ladders/whatever. It works great, and it's removable. If you are looking for a permanent mount sort of thing, it would be easy to fab, and most shops would probably charge very little to build one.

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A>

3. Black96Z28

Black96Z28 Registered Member

thanks, I'll have to ask around here and see who will make me one.

4. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

I purchased some brackets from Conn-Ferr and made my own rack. I layed it out to carry two canoes however it would work great for ladders, lumber and the like. The brackets ran me around $90 with shipping and I just ran square tubing stock across the truck from bracket to bracket. The tubing was scavenged from work, then I machined some simple square brackets on the mill from scrap stock for adjustable strap hooks and walla fully adjustable $90 rack. Granted I had access to a bridgeport to make my adjustable brackets, however if you used perferated square stock you could just tie to the holes that line up, or drill holes in the stock every so often.

Used it this last weekend to take two canoes up north, couldn't of worked any better. Only down side is you need to drill four holes in your fiberglass top to mount the back brackets.

Let me know if you want pictures.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith