Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steel ralley wheel dimentions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Itali83, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Can anyone please tell me the dimentions on the factory steel ralley wheels. I know they are 15" but are they 7 or 8" wide? what is the offset? I have the chance to buy a set of aluminum slot wheels that are 15X7" I'm waiting on a reply of what thier back spacing is. I also run 31 10.5 15'' BFG AT KO's I wanna be able to use my tires. These alum rims already have 31 10.5 15' BFG Long trail TA's and he says they are fine on there. WIll I kick myself if they are an inch smaller than my ralleys and I put my tires on them? Any other things you can help me out on will be apreciated.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Stock steel rally's are 15x8 with 3 5/8" backspacing. You should be fine mounting a 31x10.5 on a 7" rim. If the aluminum rims have the same backspace (they should) they'll be 1" farther inside the wheelwell.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

RALLEY RIMS ARE 8.. You can fit your tires on them. But you won't be able to go much wider later on...Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Gokartergo>KLICK</a>

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I will NOT be going any bigger tire so thats not a prob, I just don't want funky wear or dangerous tires. I just want it to look good which I think they will, they look just like the old ET slot wheels just these are 6 lug and not 5. Thanks again.
    Ben 87 Jimmy

5. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

The guy says the back spacing is 3-3/8" IS that ok or not good. Acually it should be all set right, Becuase that means that I'll have 1/4" more clearance between the caliper and rim right? IF that makes any sence at all or if you know it'll work out please tell me. thanks
    Ben 87 Jimmy