Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steel??

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by justhorsinaround, Dec 1, 2003.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Where's the best place these days to get sheet metal and what not to make a "tonneau" cover? I used to get that sort of stuff at Davis Salvage. Is this still the bestest place towards my end of town? Thanks in advance for any help. Good luck to y'all.

Allan

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I go to davis salvage the new north lot or arizona iron. Both are reasonable and close AZ only sells full length, 20 feet and full sheets, davis will sell anything.

3. justhorsinaround

North lot as in on the north side of Washington or north as in a north valley location?? Thanks in advance.

Allan

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I don't know when the last time was that you were there but there are 3 yards now and bigger yard is now the one on the north side of washington and has the most steel.

5. justhorsinaround

I figured that was the one you were talkin about. Was just hopin there was a new north valley location. Prolly the last time I was there was 5 or 6 years ago. Add that to the fact that I've been up in Flag for the past 4 years alot has changed in the valley. Thanks for the info.

Allan

6. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Capitol Metals off of Broadway and I think 40th street. THey have a showroom with tons of cool tabs and rems for super cheap. I have had only poor dealings with Davis Salvage but that's just me.