Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Arm is crap need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by engine_run, Dec 4, 2000.

1. engine_run

engine_run Registered Member

on my 83K5 I am trying to pull off the steering arm because its stock and I have a 4in lift, not steering very well. Its Not Budging!! Does any one have any suggestions?? I already have the raised steering arm here and going nutz! This truck has not moved for over a year and I have only had it for a year and 4 months! So I am very eager to see it move!

83 K5 and a 75 Scout

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Soak that sucker with PB Blaster for a while, then get a Huge sledge and beat away onit from side to side. Then get a balljoint seperater and hammer the prongs into the cone wedes(look like washers on top) and once you have the seperater hammered into them, pry up on the seperater.

Keep doing these things and it will come off. Just be patient Young Grasshopper! LOL

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I just got thru doing this. Liquid wrench it, and let is sit for a day or 2. And I mean soak it from all angles. Then make sure you hit down on it and then hit from the sides every so often then you notice the cones will start loosening up. Carefull not to hit the studs.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

There are only two acceptable types of hammers for this job: huge and enormous.

"They tell me that you can make it to work without big tires. I'm still not convinced."