Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering arms for hysteer? And Phoenix trip!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Thumper, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Hi guys,
    I am still coming down, and will be available for sure on the 17th to go for a rock trip with someone if its still a go! It looks like we may be working on the Sunday 18th, but the exact details wont be known till we are there. I hope things are still a go.

Ok, about the steer arms. Since I am coming down, Id like to pick up a set of high steer arms for my D44, and hardware too if its included. I tried to email Sky Mfg, but they dont seem to want to get back to me. Is there anywhere near there that I could order them from or buy them? I would consider ordering them on my credit card before I leave, and getting them delivered to someones house that lives there, and I could pick them up when I get there... Any ideas? I dont want to spend a fortune for them... any inputs on what they are worth? Or which ones are the best value?
    Let me know if you have any ideas...

Thanks lots!
    Mike

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and will be available for sure on the 17th to go for a rock trip with someone if its still a go! It looks like we may be working on the Sunday 18th

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,
    These dates are in January.../forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif, right? A lot's gonna happen between now & then - w/ the holidaze and all - but we'll try to get something cookin' for that Saturday 1/17.

As far as hi-steer arms, a buddy of mine just did the shop around and ended up buying from www.partsmike.net. I think that www.spydercustoms.com has some good ones (as long as you get the 2nd design), as well as a host of other manufacturers. Not really sure of any local guys making them../forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif... anyone?

Marv

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Not sure about local deals either. I know that shackerbuilt.com as a set for around $115. He will machine a twist on the ends for a little extra. That is the most ecenoomical set I have found from a guy using CNC stuff.

I will try to get the 17th off and make a run also.

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I hadn't seen that source....

This is pretty cheap for 2 arms... But as mentioned - they look to not have the angle correction in them.

Marv

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I had talked with Tim (as in shakerbuilt) about 6 months ago when I was gonna x-over my 44. He said that he could machine the end of the right side arm without any problems, like his D60 arms, he has the 60's in hi-steer versions also.