Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering box brace kit ???????

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by ducati-cooter, Apr 27, 2002.

1. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

I purchased the steering box brace for my 90 k5 blazer. I went to install it this weekend but I could not get the little one to line up with the holes, and the large one I could not get to fit in the location it is designed for due to brake lines and 2 rubber hoses I believe are for the steering cooler. What am I doing wrong.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

For my 84 I had to move some lines....but that was it. It was tight fit.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You're probably fighting with the engine oil cooler. The lines may need to be re-routed or bent around. Brakelines are sometimes a problem but they aren't too bad to get out of the way. The engine oil cooler is a bigger pain. Sometimes the lines just have to be moved. I finally have a vehicle with a factory engine oil cooler to work on so I may have some input on that but it won't be for a while yet, it's still at negative 1" of lift with 28" tires.

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

http://coloradok5.com/ordsteeringbracereview.shtml

I installed one on my 90, you just have to unbolt the clip that holds the lines to the frame and move them around a little, it will fit, also check out the review above for pics, you may have to start all three bolts a little at a time in order to get the holes lined up, these frames are very flexy and are always moving a little bit.