Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Box Brace Kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Jan 7, 2001.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I just lifted my 88 K5 4" and put on some new 33" BFG muds. I did the lift my self, but I couldn't get the brake lines off. I got it towed to the shop and I was going to let them do it along with the steering arm, and put in new ball joints, well the guy at the shop was going to take it to his brother when he was done and get him to align it.That is all his brother has done for the past 10 years. My question is, I get paid Thursday, and I was going to take my pay check and buy the ORD disconnect kit and the steering box brace kit. Should I wait until after I get the brace in to get it aligned or should I just go on and do it now? Thanks!

Dawson
    88 K5

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would do it now as far as i know the brace dose not a fect the alighnment(sp?). if i am wrong then i am sure someone will correct me

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

It shouldn't affect the alignment, but it may change the centered position of your steering wheel slightly.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Post this in the ORD forum, Stephen may see it sooner.....