Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering box fitment question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigwishlist, Feb 15, 2003.

1. bigwishlist

bigwishlist Registered Member

Will a steering box out of a 80-88 pickup bolt right in to a 94 silverado? I need a 2wd box for x over steering, right? and 89-96 2wd pickups are scarce at the junk yard, but old ones are everywhere.

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

You don't need to change box.IFS boxes will work.{Iassume you are doing SFA swap}.Just change pitman arm to work with crossover link. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

mosy of the 80-86 trucks had a outside the frame box. your 94 will have a inside the frame mount.
    But as was just said the box you have will work with crossover steering you just need a different pitman arm.

4. bigwishlist

bigwishlist Registered Member

Ok, where do I find a pitman arm that goes left to right instead of front to back? Also my 94 does have the steering box on the inside of the frame.

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Don't know pt #s ,but there's one on jeeps that will fit.I know cause I loaned one to jeeper with broke one.Had to rig it cause mine had stud in it and jeep had hole for rod end.There's also one that works from ford van.Trying to find it myself.Several places sell aftermarket part for that.LOL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got mine from off road design. Works just fine. Geesh, how many places did you post this question? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I've answered here, on ord's page, on orc, etc... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif