Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering box for hydro ram question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Jan 27, 2002.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Who here is running a Hydrolic steering ram setup? I am looking into purchasing the parts myself to save some bucks.... The only part that is cloudy is where do I tap into the steering box. From photos I have seen It looks as if the box is tap near the original lines that go into it, but I also have seen one hose coming from right out of the front of the box and one right near the shaft adjustment bolt on top. Has anyone here done this with out sending their steering box out. I have an extra box if I mess up......Any info anyone has is much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

The jeep eater ......[​IMG]

2. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

i know you didn't wanna send it out.....

but the dude at westtexasoffroad will tap it for you cheap, plus you then can probably pick his brain for the best setup... unass the 75 bucks and have it done right, the first time....

* keep the greasy side down *

3. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Sending it out ain't the end of the world, but I was under the impression it was more like 200 just to have it tapped. I guess I will have to give em a call tommorrow...
    Thanks

The jeep eater ......[​IMG]

4. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

If you are ck5 member then i will tap your box for 125 normally 150 and the full kit is 399 normally 450.
    Ya'll let me know if you have any more questions.

5. Heavychevy

Heavychevy Registered Member

Mike..........please let us know what you find out on this......I've been meaning to ask this very same question. Thanks!