Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering box gasket set

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JHG, Dec 3, 2003.

1. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

My K5 is going to a local shop, and they are going to pud a hydro assist system to my steering. My truck has 38", and the power steering pump is having a hard time. When the do this they take the steering box out of the truck, and I asked them to change the gaskets in it (its leaking).

I havent found a set localy, so I looked through LMC catalog and contacted Chevyduty but no luck. The only place I have found it is ordering it direct from GM and thats not cheap.

Do you now where I could get those gasket sets?

Thanks,

Jon H. Gudjonsson
    Iceland

2. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

www.partsamerica.com has them after you put in the truck info, do a search for steering gear and click on the steering gear kits link. I also think you can get them from West Texas Offroad ( www.westtexasoffroad.com )
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I checked with www.partsamerica.com but they dont send to addresses outside of USA /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I sent an email to www.westtexasoffroad.com and hope they can help me.

If that wont work, then I have to make them my self, like we used to do on the farm /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif