Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering box/gear box/frame?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Feb 28, 2002.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Feb 18, 2000
    Hahaha You guys won't beleive this, but some how I have managed to break the gear box off of the frame. The frame received a small crack from when this guy hit me back in August. I put new tires on it and that must have just tore the hell out of the steering box. The gear box has only one bolt that's attatched to the frame, the rest have busted off the frame. I knew the frame was going to have to be welded and the gear box rebuilt, but uhhhh, can the frame be welded back together enough to put the gear box back on? I have to have the front end rebuilt and that's when they were going to fix the gear box and stuff, but they haven't seen it since the thing fell off. Let me know! Thanks!

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!
  2. StonerK5

StonerK5 1/2 ton status

Feb 13, 2002
    Yeah, it's the weld-in steering box brace, you get a discount on it if you purchace it through here. ORD I believe

"Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?"
    IM nOt wEiRd, i jUsT lOvE tHe sHiFt kEy!!