Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Box guts???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by realsquash, Jul 28, 2000.

1. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

I've got a 2wd steering box that I had planned to swap onto my truck for the crossover steering, but i've since found out that the 2wd output shaft will fit right into the 4wd box (my 4wd box is a recently rebuilt unit). Anybody done this? I've never had a steering box apart...

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

2. Hey realsquash,this dont relate to the steering box,sorry.
    Just wondered if you still plan on going to the badlands next month?I was talking to a local club there going there on the 12 of august,just wondering if any other big toys were going to be there?

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

3. realsquash

August 12th? Hmmm... No real plans for that weekend. Maybe I should run down there! I wanted to go in AUgust, but i'm w/o a trailering rig right now. That's OK, I've driven much further b4... How many fullsizes do you think will go? I just won't go if I'm the only one because Jeep guys can become d..s real quick if a FS gets stuck...

Squash
    realsquash@yahoo.com

4. realsquash

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

yes the arm fits just fine, but its clocked to the wroung place!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

6. I set up anacount with coloradok5 earlier but now it wont take my pass word?My e-mail is curently through hotmail whichi cant access from this location,and mypc at home crashed about two weeks ago!!!This sucks!!So I cant cutently e-mail you.Sorry for the inconvience.
    But anyway the only problem with the club is there all jeeps toys and zukies!I'm afraid of this very thing!Thats why I'd like to see some full size trucks show up!Its along way from home to be stuck with a bunch of ASS HOLES if that were the case.
    We need to get some kind of full size club together!!
    I live in Cincinnati Ohio,i'm not to far from you.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

7. realsquash

I agree, there needs to be a FS club. I WILL be going to the badlands by sometime in october (hopefully september) with a zuk, blazer, myself, and a land cruiser. All cool people. I am trying to get more people interested, but nobody in this state knows what rocks are (expect the ones in their.... well u get the point). I'm tiring of mud, that's for sure.

Squash

8. realsquash

9. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

i never had much luck working on a box there is some trick way to get them apart I hope some one knows it!!!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken