Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering box input valve?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I asked this in another thread, but never got any responses... maybe the title threw people off.
    In the input pressure fitting in the steering box, there is a little one way valve... lets fluid in from the pump, but not out. The box on mine was turning, but I wasnt getting any power assist. I pulled the guts out of the box and there was a little spring unravelled from the inside of that valve into the center body. I pulled it out, and now the little poppett valve in the fitting just floats around. I figure this is the issue, so I need to know if its replaceable or not. Or can I just drill out the hole a bit, remove the floating piece, and put it togather. How does that valve come out? Is it replaceable or do I have to get a new box?
    Thanks
    Mike

2. FWP

FWP CRS

I'm not sure about replacement. It's called a check valve, and I would call Matt at WTO, he's really knowledgable about the saginaw boxes.