Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering box

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rescuekrawler, Nov 7, 2004.

1. rescuekrawler

rescuekrawler Registered Member

I have a 1987 chevy on 33's and I'am have a bunch of problems First time I was out four wheeling and the frame was ripped out in cunks and I had to weld back togather on trail with batterys (yes the work with three yellow top omptima batts)this past time I was driving in a parking lot (after putting in new frame section and renfrocement plates from warrior products and a new steering box) the lower two bolts ripped the threads out of the box and body else had any problemslike this at all or is it just bad luck? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes, I have. The weld patch fits like crap, the hole centers are too big and if you didn't get it beat down to the frame rail sufficiently the holes won't line up. You may need to make the holes a little bigger as the bolt is likely rubbing on the edge of the plate.

That happened to me personally and that's why I don't usually suggest the weld patch (but I do sell it to those that want it).

Make sure you get the bolt on brace as well. I sell it as does ORD.