Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering box?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudddog91, Jul 10, 2001.

1. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Alright guys whats the deal with these f@#kin steering boxes for the crossover steering?I was told that the box should have 3 full turns lock to lock,regardless of 2wd or 4wd.WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!Ive got 2 boxes sittnig here,1 from a 74 and 1 from a 79. Both are from 3/4 ton trucks and they have 2 to 2.5 turns lock to lock and ive already installed a 2wd sector in my 74 box{cant get full travel from crossover steering}.If i could find a box with about 3 turns lock to lock i'd be in there!!!!
    Does anyone have any input on this?I really do appreciate all the help i get from this site,so Im not complaining just frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Are you just talking about plain old steering boxes, or do you need specifics? I beleive the box on my truck is an '81, 4wd, and it takes about 3.5 turns lock to lock, checked yesterday.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

3. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

I cant get full travel from my crossover steering and it seems that im the only person to ever have this problem since no one can help me.I think that the boxes themselves ar different as far as the amount of turns lock to lock.Does anyone know if this is true?Can i maybe get a poll from everyone as to year and how many turns of the steering wheel it takes to go full left to full right?this would help out alot!!!!!!!I