Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering box?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fright89, Nov 21, 2002.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

Got some problem with the steering or front end. After doing a slow turn out of a parking spot or my drive way the steering want to go hard to the right. Not always but it seems to be getting more often now. So I fight the wheel and hold on tight then it seems to want to go straight again. At this point I usually end up over correcting and head off to the left into oncoming traffic. Well not yet thank God. Needless to say the blazer is parked and I will be using the car for now.

I did put the front end up on jacks and took a close look at the front-end stuff. Seemed all ok to me. Which does not mean much. So I went down to the local garage and had the guy down there take a quick look. He has a blazer and is a big fan. Checked out ok nothing ready to fall apart or off, everything is tight. It does not really drive straight always pulling slightly to the left or right.

So im thinking steering box. Has any one had one react like this? Or am I way off.

2. 88k5blaza

88k5blaza Registered Member

mine has been doing the same exact thing check your steering stabaizers and if its not that its probaly your steering box because once i replaced me it stopped