Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Brace and Arm Installed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gruveb, Jun 28, 2003.

1. gruveb

gruveb Registered Member

And surprisingly the raised steering arm was much more of a PIA. I have some shoulder trouble and all of that pounding aggrivated the you know what out of it.....OUCH! I couldn't find a set of cone plier in this stinkin' town, so I had to do it the old fashioned way, heat, PB, my favorite Ford Tool and a lot of sweat!

Anyhow, I got those installed, got small steps put in (we're short people), oil changed, valve cover gasket changed and all I have left is to check out the ignition system. Everything else has been done. Bearings repacked, all fluids changed and so on.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Moving right along. Sounds like a busy w/e

3. gruveb

gruveb Registered Member

Busy weekend! You betcha. I had to set the valves on my 84 Camaro, change oil on that, get my Bronco ready to sell, clean the garage, and so on. I've spent the past 3 weekends doing nothing but working on cars! I'm ready for a break!

4. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

Be thankful you can actually work on your projects. I'm stranded out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean about 3000 miles from my project. I'm itching to turn some wrenches as soon as I get home.