Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Brace Information

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Jul 15, 2005.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I have saved up about $140 and I am seriously considering ordering the ORD steering brace kit tomorrow. How many of you are using this kit and has it been sucessful in preventing cracks? Was it easy to install?
    Would it be easy to just fab the same thing up myself (I have a access to a welder)? Does anyone else manufacture a similar product? I would like to get some input before I drop $120+s&h tomorrow.
    Thanx ;)

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I like to save $$ when ever I can so I made my own. before installing it I had welded up the cracks but they ended up cracking again, so I figured it was time for a brace. After the brace was installed the steering felt much tighter since the frame flex was gone, and I still dont have any cracks so its doing something :D

3. royjones

royjones Trucker upper Premium Member

hello

GO ahead and by this pcs i myself have one and it really made a diff it comes with all bolts and another small brace. i wish that i had brought it sooner