Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering collars

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SuperUnknown, Apr 4, 2002.

1. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

I got my truck back with a big hole in the steering colum, and I'd like to keep it around this time. Where can I get a collar for the beast?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Give dyeager535 a shout, he has the info you're looking for.

3. jmd

jmd Registered Member

I'm the authorized DYeager Dealer /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I sell them. $50 a pop & $6 shipping to the 48 states; other shipping varies.

Matthew

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

use.. DA CLUB! Police endorced!!!

Ok, so what that our friggin trucks are so square that you can still make turns with the club on... heh.. it out to at least attract SOME Attention with it being on there and all. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

You can get a pretty decent sleve from Pep Girls , but Im certain the one these other folks are selling are much much better. heck, anything is better than nothing.

The one I have acutally puts a box over the ignition key area. I know they used to make one for like caprices (same column I think), that left that area open so you can always keep it locked, but still use your standard ignition key.

5. Penthos

Penthos Registered Member

Anyone have a picture w/ this installed? Just wondering how much of the column is actually protected.

btw, I've installed Grant's steering wheel removal kit and its an excellent aide in protection (visually at least).

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Heres a pic of the one on my truck <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun57>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun57</a>