Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering column shaft after bodylift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TNS10HYBRID, May 11, 2003.

1. TNS10HYBRID

TNS10HYBRID Registered Member

I scrapped my K-5 together out of used parts,added a 3" body lift and the steering shaft had the pin knocked out of it to make up the difference in length. I thought that was o.k until during a good rut flex it pulled completely out! How do You make up the difference in the steering shaft? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I redrilled mine and put a roll pin through shaft to hold it. There are company's that make custom length steering shafts. Borgeson Is the only one I have heard of. www.borgeson.com

3. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I redrilled mine and put a roll pin through shaft to hold it. There are company's that make custom length steering shafts. Borgeson Is the only one I have heard of. www.borgeson.com

[/ QUOTE ]

It is STRONGLY recommended that you use the plastic rivets in this steering shaft. They are designed so that if you have a head on collision the shaft will compress rather than collapse your chest. A metal roll pin may not shear off and could cost you your life. Get the plastic rivets.