Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering column wiring?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Frogg89, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Frogg89

Frogg89 Registered Member

I need to replace the switch that my turn signal lever plugs into. I see that it has a small wiring harness going down to the base of the column. I also noticed that its all one piece. Does anyone know what this whole part is called? Ive tried stores and a dealer and they dont know what Im talking about. My blazer is an 89, so the problem is that my wipers wont work because this part froze up. If I had a name, maybe someone would make some sense of it.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Its called the wiper switch. Tilt/non-tilt and delay/non-delay make a difference. You don't have to buy GM... jobber is available.

Here's a pic of one for tilt & delay:
    [​IMG]

3. Frogg89

Frogg89 Registered Member

Thanks, thats exactly what Im looking for. They do make that aftermarket? Another quick question, Its a bitch to install isnt it??

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Niehoff and Standard are two brands that carry it locally - but that's here in Canada.

As for difficulty of install... depends on who's doing it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Pull a string in as you pull the old switch out, so you can pull the new one in.

You can check out a play-by-play right here:
    webfolder