Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering correction when lifting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mo, Dec 1, 2004.

1. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

If I put a 4" lift on, would I need a 4" block to correct steering issues, or would a smaller one, say 2.5", be fine?

D60 by the way if it matters

thanks
    mo

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I would suggest you to save your money and get a crossover system, one of the best steering mod's you can do, ORD makes a kit, so dose a shope in Auburn, but i forgot thier name WFO customs i think it is, they are in the powere seller forum /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

2.5" would be better than a 4". Maybe a dropped pitman arm instead?

4. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

I can't afford x-over right now although I would definitely rather go that route...It will come in the future.

thanks

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a 4" lift on my 1-ton pick-up, and after measuring the steering knuckle arm to pitman arm height difference, it was 3". At first I used a 4" drop drag link, but the dropped drag link over corrected my steering angle by 1", which may be causing my truck to not handle as good as it could.

Many people here say dropped drag links suck, and have recommended I go with a dropped pitman arm and factory drag link instead. I recently purchased a 2" dropped pitman arm and factory drag link. With a 3" difference, that will leave a 1" under correction difference, which I hope will handle better than having a 1" over correction.

6. chevyjeff

chevyjeff 1/2 ton status

Use a drop pitman arm (skyjacker ca-90) and NOT a raised steering arm. Not enough room w/ a 4" lift for crossover and the raised arm will gove you bumpsteer problems. The raised arm caused bumpsteer on a 10 bolt so a 60 might be a little diffrent

7. timmay

timmay Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Use a drop pitman arm (skyjacker ca-90) and NOT a raised steering arm. Not enough room w/ a 4" lift for crossover and the raised arm will gove you bumpsteer problems. The raised arm caused bumpsteer on a 10 bolt so a 60 might be a little diffrent

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a raised arm for a D60?