Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering correction

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by UPS, Mar 5, 2007.

1. UPS

UPS 1/2 ton status

What is the best a steering arm lift block or adjustable dropped drag link? I will have a 6" lift, Dana 60 front.
    Which brand is better?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. UPS

UPS 1/2 ton status

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mike

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the "best" would be to go crossover. if you don't want to go that route i would say a dropped draglink.

downside to a steering block is your studs double in length and theres alot of force there.

4. UPS

UPS 1/2 ton status

I don't have enough time to do cross over right now. I want to build the cross over myself.
    The first mud run is around the first of April and I still need to install the motor, trans, transfer, Dana 60, 14 bolt, lift, install the gears and Detroits and mount the tires on the rims. The motor will get an intake, cam, distributer, headers, and maybe heads and roller rockers. The trans will get a shift kit, pan, and maybe a converter. I need to build drive shafts. I need to clean and paint the lift springs.

Man that sounds like a lot of work I better get off the computer and get to work.

Any info on any of that stuff will be helpful.

Thanks,
    Mike

5. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

thats a big list to complete in one month. If you want crossover later you might as well spend the money now. any money you spend on the standard push pull setup is going to be a waste.

if you are going to run a new stall converter then now is the time to do it. nothing sucks more then taking everything apart again to install one when you had the engine or trans out before.

you need to have a plan for a build of this size, otherwise you never get anything accomplished. write a list of everything you want to do, then put it in order by priority of what has to be done and what you simply want to do.

go read Manny's thread. That will give you an idea of the time involved and the patience needed.

6. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wouldnt use a block.

100_0821 700X527.jpg

7. UPS

UPS 1/2 ton status

Did the nuts loosen up before it broke? Are there bolts in it also?