Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering for 4" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by achuskies69, Feb 5, 2001.

1. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=orange>ok, i am checking up on a 4" and i have no idea what i need as far as steering.....
    Can i adjust my stock draglink and how? What do i need as far as a pitman arm and what bout a steering arm?
    i need all the help i can get and fast cause im going to order this lift in a week or two.....
    thanks in advance
    </font color=orange>

<font color=orange> if you cant beat 'em, drive over 'em </font color=orange>

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Re: steering for 4\" lift

check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://roughcountry.com>http://roughcountry.com</A>...i got a 4" lift from them with front springs, shocks, brake line extender brackets, rear blocks, a raised steering arm and all hard ware for 295.00 plus shipping....havent got it installed yet, but it seems like a pretty good deal...you only need to adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel...the raised steering arm is about the only other steering mod you will need to do...of course ot all depends on what lift kit you are interested in getting....just my .02!!!

AIRBORNE!!

3. achuskies69

im getting a Superlift 4" Softride

4. KENBARBOUR

KENBARBOUR Registered Member

I bought a 4" steering arm to go with my lift. I only used it for a week and noticed my drag link was bad. The stock drag link was more money than a 4" lift one. So i bought the 4" lift one and put the stock steering arm back on. I was saving it for when i upgrade to a 8" lift. Do you need one? Check out your draglink. If its shot you might as well get a new one and correct you steering at the same time.

5. Daveytree

Daveytree Registered Member

If I were you I wouldn't do without a drop steering arm. If you use your stock one you are going to notice very drastic steering performance loss. It will also put extra stress on your existing steering componentsl. It's only a few extra bucks, and it may save you several in the end.

6. achuskies69

how much do u want for the steering arm?

where are u located?
    also am i going to need a pitman arm as well?