Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering for D60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mil_act02, Jun 14, 2005.

1. mil_act02

mil_act02 Registered Member

I was looking for a drop pitman arm for my 83 Jimmy. I have a 6 inch lift with a D60 front. All I can find are raised steering arms for the 10Bolts and steering blocks for the D60. Which would be better the drop pitman arm or the steering block? Where could I find a good deal on either of them?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i prefer the drop pitman arm. easyer to install and less work to install.:cool1:

3. project84k5

project84k5 Registered Member

the part number for a skyjacker dropped pitman arm is a CA50, as it is only a 2 inch drop, do you already have the raised steering block, if not i have a brand new one that was installed on mine for about 2 days before i went crossover.

ryan

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if you want the best setup? try www.offroaddesign.com and get the crossover setup. plus you need a 2x4 box to bolt on your truck. a bit more but worth it. the pics dont do the stuff justice. i have the big kit with all parts high steer. and the stuff is big! the arms are about 1 1/4" thick.

5. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

I just installed a 60 this week in my 76 shortbed, along with 8in suspension. I installed the block, but think im going to have to install the drop pitman arm also. I still have a pretty good angle.

6. mil_act02

mil_act02 Registered Member

steering block

I don't have a steering block yet. What size is your block? Does it come with the new studs and everything? How much would you sell it for? Thanks for the help.