Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering help and maybe parts needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buildboy, Feb 14, 2005.

1. buildboy

buildboy Newbie

so there i was, just driving along and this rock decides to bend my tierod.... don't ya love it when ya trust the spotter instead of your eyes..... well i've come close before and finaly bent it. SOO the big question is to fix or go highsteer, the truck really could use it eventualy i think. i'v got a d44 under the nose of this old '78 halfton. so what is really the max lift without doing this, and where can i get a milled/drilled and tapped pass flattop knuckle for a good price....and anyone out there got any parts they don't need??

thanx much guys

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Get a beefier tie rod , or sleeve a used one and get new ends . Used parts easy to come by .......look in classifieds , wait a second isn't there a buy/sell/trade forum here :D

BTW , seriously , welcome to CK5 , you will find all your answers and friends here :grin:

Is it a little bent , or a lot bent ?

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

If yer interested I can hook you up with someone who makes 1.25 x .313 wall tie rods.

4. buildboy

buildboy Newbie

it was pretty bad, but we got it back to half way decent with the hi-lift. the more i think about it, i wana go highsteer cuz i may just go even bigger at the same time. i looked all last night, and only found one site that had a price for a knuckle....did find some good prices on arms though. i'll just hit up the JY for a tierod this weekend, and just use it when i install the highsteer

:waytogo: