Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering is off after lifting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kartoon, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Kartoon

Kartoon 1/2 ton status

i put in TC 4" front springs with the shackle flip in the rear of my 1990 3/4 ton suburban. i also put in the new steering arm that ORD sells.

now, my steering wheel is upside down when its going straight. and it turns more to the left than to the right. i thought that the steering wheel just wasnt in the right position, so i took the steering arm off again, and tried to correct the steering, but the same problems exist.

anyone have anything i can try to fix this? :confused:

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

adjust your drag link...

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I wrote this in another thread, i had the exact same problem you did, do what i said, it might be the same thing

''this isnt my thread, i guess i kinda hijacked it, but i think we have/had the same problem, hard left, not much right... just a drag link adjustment. What I did was pull in the driveway with the wheels going straight. Steering wheel was upsidedown. I loosened the 2 clamps and lengthened until the steering wheel was straight (steering wheel unlocked). retightened the clamps, and it was right on''

4. Kartoon

Kartoon 1/2 ton status

thanks for the advice!

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

well i'll be damned. your steering is off after you changed your steering geometry. heh, never heard of anything like that before. :doah: