Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering is off...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by achuskies69, Mar 11, 2001.

1. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> also after i put my lift on, the steering seems to be way off. I can turn the wheels one way further than i can the other side. My steering wheel is upside down now too. I have to go get the front end aligned this week but i dont know if that will fix my problems

<font color=green> I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Either you or the alignment shop need to adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel. When you lift and dont correct the drag link, you lose right hand steering radius. Simple loosen the clamps on the adjusting sleeve and grab a pipe wrench. Turn the sleeve until the steering wheel is straight. Check the turning radius when you get done. Let the alignment shop do the finish job.

3. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

k30guy is exactly right, had the same problem with mine. One more thing though. Lift the front on jack stands first, it makes it a whole lot easier to turn the drag link.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Did you use the 4" steering arm?

89 K5 Silverado
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com>http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com</A>

5. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> yeah i put the 4" steering arm
    im gonna fix the drag link tommorrow...

<font color=green> I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]