Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Knuckles Question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by fbronson, Jun 17, 2004.

1. fbronson

fbronson 1/2 ton status

I came across an old Dodge D44 with those nice flat-top knuckles. Anybody use a dodge style flat-top these days? i.e. any chance in hell that I am going to sell them? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I believe they will work. I am using Grand Wagoneer knuckles /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Dodge knuckles have the funky casting with something from the brakes cast into it. I know a guy who is using a dodge knuckle for crossover but he had to cut the funky part off. Looked kinda scary to me though. Once that area is gone the casting is kinda thin there.

Harley

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Maybe on a dodge?

Really, I've seen the bosses on the back for the caliper mount and those would have to go but I don't know if there are other variations that could work. We have a couple of old dodge housings here but I haven't looked at them that close. I'd say just compare them to a GM knuckle to see what you can do with them.

A dodge truck would be a perfect application for them.

5. fbronson

fbronson 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I compared them to the standard 10bolt GM knuckle and found that the spindle bolt pattern is definitely different! Maybe I'll try to find a dodge website and post them on there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif