Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering off

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Oct 15, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Alright well today i went to some local sand pits.. did a lil wheeling.. where the rain is making lil ravines i tried to climb up one.. i basically put my trucks tires against it on an angle.. front right hitting first. and tried to get up it. just some semi agressive attempts to see if i could pop up it.. im on 33" mt and this wall was like 1.5ft tall, all sand. After i give up and turn around go out. i cant put my steering wheel straight to drive straight, i had to have it turned left till the center of the wheel was 90degrees off level... it made no sense to me. this has happened b4 as well when i tried to get up onto a rock to flex... steering went outta wack a tiny bit.. nothign like this. So i ended up going home and adjusting my drag link which fixed the problem for steering straight but i still dont get what got knocked outta place.. my ubolts are all tight, swaybar is still on and tight... any ideas? tierods are good too..

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It just happens . Sometimes everythings all tight and right , and it does it . The solution is crossover , and I can't afford it on two trucks .

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Weird!!! Might want to check out the pitman arm and the splines in the steering box.