Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering options?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Jul 13, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

what are my optiona as far as steering goes for my truck, i have about 13 inches of suspension lift and it dosent look like my push-pull steering is gonna work without some more components, i currently have a 3" block and the raised steering arm. pics would also be great and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each? the truck will be a mall cruiser/mud on the weekends truck only

2. captaininsano

captaininsano 1/2 ton status

Push pull on 13" lift??? eh I'd say go with cross over.

3. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

who offers a good kit? i am wanting to get away without spending over 500 if at all possible, what are the advantages of crossover? what about hydro assist?

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

best bet is cross over and hydro also if mud and rocks. will need 2x4 box . and try www.offroaddesign.com thay offer good kits and great service. i have two sets of the crossover with high steer. great info on there page.

and beefy parts.

5. captaininsano

captaininsano 1/2 ton status

I ran push/pull on my rig with 39.5 IROKs and about 5 inches of lift, totally sucked. Could not turn at all at times.

Now I have push/pull plus a 2" ram assist. It goes where I want it to now without a choice in the matter. I didn't go crossover because it is a waste of money for my rig since it won't be going any higher. With that lift you'll definitely need crossover IMO to be safe.