Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering problem?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solid454, May 12, 2000.

1. solid454

solid454 Registered Member

I went muddin the other day and now when i start to brake it pules hard to the right.i think i might know what it is. i need to replace the copper washers around the bango bolt (i think thats what it is called) on the front left brake line. also i went into a puddle my clutch got a lot softer. if any one could tell me what happened and what i need to do to fix it.

BIG HEAVY AND MEAN

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

You might just need to clean the brakes out. If you have drum brakes on the rear, they can get filled with mud and cause pulling.

3. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

clean out your brakes , repace copper washers, replace fluid in the entire system (use DOT 5) if you don't have ABS, And check to see if bellhousing cover is still on-if it's not get one it will keep out the water and mud. Even if the cover is in place see if there are open gaps that might be sealed with RTV like silicone .

4. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

HEy when it rains around me i love to go through puddles also and i also feel that the clutch is alot softer after goin in the water. However, it eventuallly went away. I dont know why?