Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RAY, Oct 3, 2000.

1. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The guy that owned my K5 before I bought it put on a new steering box. The problem is that the steering wheel is on crooked and I can't see my speedo easily. Anyone have any ideas on fixing this without taking the steering wheel off.

2. tkjimmy

tkjimmy Registered Member

You can loosen up your drag link, grab a pair of channel lock pliers, and spin it until your wheel is straight. Best way is to have someone in the car while you are are turning the drag link. Make sure your wheels are straight prior to doing this. This will not mess up your alignment either. Have fun, and I hope this helps.

tkjimmy--Wa. State
    http://tkjimmy.coloradok5.com

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Adjust the draglink... The draglink goes fromt he Horseshoe shaped steering arm to the steering box pitman arm. There are two bolts on this that you loosen and the turn the clamp either way depedning on which way your wheel has to go..

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Adjust both sleeves out equally - a pipe wrench works great.
    While you're at it, check the steering joints for slop and put in new ones if they're loose.
    You can do it with the tire still on (at least I have) but it's easier with it off.
    -- Mike