Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

steering question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87k10, Sep 1, 2005.

1. 87k10

87k10 Registered Member

I have a clicking noise when I turn my wheel both ways. I have a new steering gear box and have tightened all my ball joints but still have the noise. :mad: does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Being a poor college student I can't pay someone else to work on my truck and I can't figure it out. Any input would be great.

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

check if you can isolate which side its comming from. I would suspect if its not a balljoint or cracked frame near the steering box, it would be in the springs. I would check for a broken centering pin or shackle bushing, or something of the like. My upper front shackle bushing is wrecked, and made a very similar noise. But all thats getting preplaced soon with aftermarket stuff.

Hope it gives you an idea where to look.

3. 87k10

87k10 Registered Member

thanks I will check that out after work today. :thumb:

4. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

Did you do the work yourself?

What year Blazer do you have? How much did your spend on parts / labor? Did you replace the steering gearbox yourself? We also need to replace ours. And I am tempted to try it myself. What would you recommend?