Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Question!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Vegas89K5, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Vegas89K5

Vegas89K5 Registered Member

I just had a 4" Superlift kit installed yesterday. I now have quit a bit of play in the wheel which I didnt have before and when Im drivin and go over your average dips and humps in the road or highway the wheel moves back and forth. What is the cause of this and how can it be /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifcorrected? Thanks in advance, Mike.....

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Was a raised steering arm installed?

3. Vegas89K5

Yes the steering arm was replaced with a new one. Was wondering if a stabilizer would correct the problem or not????

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Take it back to the shop and have them check there work. You should get a little more body roll after the lift but the steering shouldn't change if you added the steering arm. It sounds like something isn't tight. If you haven't changed the tires at the same time a stablizer shock souldn't go bad after a lift.

5. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

Well, on my '89, I kinda did a # on the stabilizer once and made it a 2-piece model. And let me tell you, that sumbitch was holy hell to try to keep in a straight line. I was busier then a 1 legged man in a ass-kicking contest. And you don't wanna begin to imagine what it was like when it was windy outside.....
    So I guess I'm trying to say, "Yeah, a stabilizer should help that out some. That is, if all your steering was correctly adjusted when the lift happened.."

6. Vegas89K5

I did change the tires as well. I went from the stock rim and 31x10.5x15 to a 33x12.5x15 and a 15x10 rim. The guy at the shop said its gonna do that cause I changed tire sizes. Said I need a stabilizer so I guess we'll see. Thanks, Mike....