Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by airbornesoldier327, Nov 28, 2005.

1. airbornesoldier327

airbornesoldier327 1/2 ton status

Alright, heres the problem, i have a skyjacker 6 inch soft ride, but it doesnt have a dropped pitman arm, or the raised steering arm, when i drive down the road i have to turn the wheel like 5-6 inches back and forth to go stait, is that cuased by the lack of the dropped pitman arm, and steering arm? If so which ones do i need to get? thanks for the input guys.

2. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

check your tierod ends,drag link ends and ball joints.if you havethe cash call ord and do the crossover steering.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

or if u ain't rich, try WFO Concepts or BWP.

j

4. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

i am installing a cross over next weekend and i'am down the road from ya. you can have my drop pitman when i pull it off (11 dec). it is only a few inch drop but will help you out a bit...

5. airbornesoldier327

airbornesoldier327 1/2 ton status

I would really appreciate it, im going to be on block leave around the 2nd of december-3rd of january, but im sure i could fin some one to come pick it up for me. Also do they make a 6inch dropped pitman arm? And what about the steering arm... is that raised or lowered? Thanks guys!

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Are you having lots of play in the steering, or are you having bumpsteer? If it's bumpsteer, it is probably due to the lack of steering correction. Your draglink is supposed to be parallel with the ground, and if you have a stock steering setup, I'll bet that it is angled quite a bit.

I went with a 4" raised steering arm, that's the best cheap option IMO. I used it with a 6" lift, was great on the highway. A dropped pitman arm puts more leverage on the steering box and frame, I don't really like that idea.