Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Steering Questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sikZ28, Jul 22, 2006.

1. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

When i was coming home last night i heard what sounded like my right front tires "squeal" when i turned left onto our street. I thought i was just hearing things and didn't think much about it. :crazy:

So when I go to turn left into my driveway I heard it again and the steering felt sluggish. So i back up and go get my wife to look while i do it again but this time it just would not do it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

So what could cause this and what should I look for?

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

What do you mean by squeel? The tires sounded like they were squeeling or the steering system was squeeling like a loose belt? My tires squeel when I turn sharp on the pavement as I turn into my parking spot.

Ira

3. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

check your steeering pump for low fluid or a loose belt and try to find a leak arounf the hoses or something

4. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

Like the front right front tire was squealing. It was a sound I never heard from up there before and was worried that something on the front end was loose.

I am working at the office today and probably wont get to check it out until tomorrow and I was just wondering if there was anything specifically I needed to look for when I put it on jackstands tomorrow.

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Sounds to me like the tire was just pushing a little and squeeling as you turned. Mine do it all the time when driving slow and turning sharp.

Ira